Sunday, May 20, 2012

Let me esplain

I'm back.
I've been putting off posting for a while.  Sorry.
I've been doing more writing projects since the beginning of the year and those aren't as transferable to a blog like this. But I've started painting again recently and I'm going to try to keep up my practice with pen and ink. It is by far my most favorite of the dry media.

Things have been a bit hectic for me. Work's been driving me bananas and that doesn't seem to help my creative process. I feel like I go through these cycles of inhalation and exhalation. Inhale where I just read and observe and soak up other people's work. Then I have this explosive exhale where I've got ideas coming out of my ears and eyes and fingertips and  have to get them out or I'll explode or vibrate out of the visible spectrum. I felt that way at the beginning of the year with a writing project and I joked to my beau that I felt possessed.  Maybe I'll write a poem or a story about that some day.

Anyway, I've decided that I would really like to get this thing off the ground again. My plan is to post about twice a week or so with art and thoughts and works in progress and doodles. The first things will probably be links to stuff I've worked on previously and are posted elsewhere.

We'll see how that goes.

So, without further ado.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

1 comment:

  1. My sporadic visits to your blog paid off! I wholeheartedly support and encourage your plan. Do more art and post it! I’m going to try to do the same :-D

    ReplyDelete