Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Summer

The weather's been lovely lately. As long as I'm well ventilated and not running around in a rush, I'm really enjoying it. Also, I can actually get a bit of sun (tasty tasty vitamin D). This is probably the closest I get to nature, letting my skin feel the breeze and the sunshine. It's one of those times of the year where I actually want to be outside and get all in-tuned with nature. Fall and Spring are ok, but Winter is crap and I have no desire to be outside most of the time. Even in Fall and Spring, you're covered up. I rarely find those times of year particularly inspirational, other than inspiring me to bitch.

Below are some things that were inspired by summery-ness. The two painting are from a 'Painting Nature' class that I took last summer at the Arboretum. At the end I tossed in a poem I made sometime last year.
Native Ontario Columbine
 

Fooling around with grasses

I quite like this poem, it sort of yo-yo's between grandiose and minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment