Thursday, July 14, 2011

Magnetic Power




Artsy

Once upon a time, I bought some magnetic poetry because I thought it would be a nice addition to our fridge. Then because I'm greedy, I bought some more. Needless to say, our fridge is COVERED in words. The mood hasn't struck me to make poems lately, but
I did like the things I came up with.



And this is the Fartsy.
I think I picked up the Art Kit and then the Nature Kit and as of now, I've got 18 poems.
I really like making this kind of poetry. Part of it is a scavenger hunt for the word I'm looking for and the other part is just letting the universe speak to me. Other things I quite like about this kind of poetry is that:



1) you have you be a bit spare with your words, there are only so many the's and a's. Also, why waste the space with fillers?



2) you can really create some unique/effective imagery. The above is a much more poetic way of saying, "I'm hungover as hell and I need some water..."


3) You can be completely non-sensical and that's acceptable because you do not have your entire vocabulary at your disposal, only a small subset.

I should really get back into this. I forgot how fun they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment